A Milestone

I have stopped breastfeeding Mae as of three days ago, and although I know it's time to give it up, I'm SUPER sad about it. It was starting to drive me totally nuts. But today I feel like I'm really loosing something. It is something that you share with your babies that is so special. I know that breastfeeding is symbolizing Mae's babyhood....breastfeeding is coming to an end, and so is her babyhood. And so are the years of having tiny kids. Just like everything is seems with parenting...you loose something, you gain something, you regret something, you are happy about something.

Comments

Deanna said…
I remember lamenting the same concern to you while Carter was still nursing but getting close to weaning. You thought I was crazy at the time to miss it and said I would be ready! And of course you were right. I was ready. And yet I still miss my little nursing baby but love the big boy he is becoming. I feel you sista.

Popular posts from this blog

NAMES NEEDED