For Anyone Under the Impression that it's Easy being a Stay at Home Parent


Here's the schedule these days:
Jonah wakes up around 6am
Bath
Breakfast
Play
Nap about 2 to 3 hours after waking up
Hallie runs around the house cleaning up breakfast, bath and play
Jonah wakes up 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours later
Diaper Change
Snack
Play
Nap around 3 hours after waking from first nap
Hallie runs around the house cleaning up snack and play, tries to do some laundry, plan piano lessons, deal with bills, house cleaning, etc.
Wake up 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours later
Diaper change
Lunch
Play
Some sort of outing..walk to grocery store, Alberta, play date (ugg, I HATE that expression)
Snack
Michael gets home WHEW!
Teach piano lessons or go to choir practice
Dinner
Story reading and bedtime routine
Dinner for me!, glass of wine for me!, conversation with an adult for me!!!
Bed for me!!


GET UP AND DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

Comments

That's a great self portrait of you Hallie!

I hear you woman! See you and Jonah soon!

Boris' Mama
Anonymous said…
"Play date"...I hate that phrase too. I rate it up there with "babymoon". Maybe after the Sproutling's arrival we can take Jonah and Sproutling up to the hydropark for "yet-to-be-created-better-word-for-outing-with-kids" :) P.S. We've started a Sproutling log and will have to link to you guys when we're ready to unveil it!

Popular posts from this blog

NAMES NEEDED