New Job, New life.

I officially said goodbye to my 9-5 office job a few weeks ago now. As this is the only thing I've known for about 12 years, the stay at home thing is harder to adjust to than I imagined. Every time Jonah and I go for a walk in the middle of the day, I have the sinking feeling that either
  • 1) I am playing hookey from work, or
  • 2) I am in a no man's land where the only people wandering around are strangely NOT at work either.

I wonder who are all these people who don't go to an office everyday? I had no idea there were so many. I also had no idea how out of the loop I would feel. I got a lot of satisfaction from getting myself to work and making a buck everyday. Now I'm at home trying not to obsess about how the house cleaning isn't getting done 'cause the little tyrant wants to play! As you can imagine, intellectual stimulation is a little hard to come by these days.

Don't get me wrong..I am absolutely thrilled that we stuck with our instincts and are determined to make sure Jonah doesn't end up in a day care center, but it is a major life adjustment for me. Throw on top of that the fact that I am completely switching careers and am starting a piano studio out of the house, and geez, talk about some stress on your hands. I know by this time next year I will feel so much more established and confident, but it is going to take some toil and time to get there.

In the meantime, little Jonah is growing up under the watchful eyes of his parents and grandparents..and I am so proud that we can do this for him. To be able to give him the same kind of support and love that both Michael and I enjoyed as kids is truly a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NAMES NEEDED