Lament for My Mommy's Return to Work

by Jonah Elias Timetraveler Diltz


Today I am sad

My little heart feels hungry

My mommy left for work today

But I know she really loves me


I will occupy my hours
With the antics of my silly father

I'll giggle and I'll smile

though without you it can be a bother


Because there isn't anyone
Who understands me quite the way you do

I'm content and growing healthy

And the reason why is you


Now I know you must be sad as well

But there's no need to worry

I am saving up my biggest smile

So come home in a hurry.

Comments

grandma Janet said…
My oh my. My Grandson certainly is articulate for his age! Jonah, I love your poem and newest photos. I know you miss mommy but you couldn't have a better stand in than your loving father. I remember how hard it was for him to return to work and leave you for the day. You certainly have wiggled yourself deeply into the hearts of everyone in your life in such a short time. You are loved so much.
Grandma D
You look so cute Jonah! We can't wait to see you and the family. BeeBao misses you. :) BeeBao has the same chair as you do. Have you eaten solid yet? Like baby cereal. We hope the family are doing well and have fun with your mommy and daddy.
BeeBao's Mama
bemundy said…
Poor Jonah, but moreso poor Hallie. I hope it's not too hard!

Plus, silly father antics make the world go round. Kindof. OK, not really but they sure are fun.

Popular posts from this blog

NAMES NEEDED